Monday, January 10, 2011

Quality repair

Coming in to work this morning I noticed clumps and flakes of plastery looking stuff all over the carpet in the hallway. Standing in the midst of the scattered debris I curiously looked up to see what had caused the mess and discovered this....above my head.


You may have to enlarge the picture for an accurate view but let me describe it to you in detail. Essentially it's garbage bags tucked all around a big hole.....Oh and a garbage pail balancing on assorted wires. (Based on the color of the wires, I'd say they're for one of the first floor offices internet and phone service, which is most likely out of service today because of this little set up.) What concerns me more, however, is that the garbage pail was obviously put there to gather the leaking water....which means it will get heavier and heavier as it fills....and it was over my head. I shouldn't be that surprised I suppose. After all, it is the umpteenth time that the ceiling tiles have collapsed in that hallway due to water damage. This was just the most creative repair thus far.

Enjoy the moments of your day and remember....look up! You may be surprised by what's there. Then again, a bird might poop in your eye. I didn't say it would be a pleasant surprise.

No comments:

Post a Comment